This week I have made minimal progress and I’m beginning to think I have been too ambitious with what I would like to accomplish and learn this semester. I can’t seem to remember any chords, and when I made my growth-plan I didn’t even consider strumming pattern or transitioning between chords as something that I would really need to focus on. I thought that I would learn the chords, practice them, memorize them and then BAM I would be able to play songs and be a Ukulele master. As it turns out that is not the case and learning the Ukulele is, or at least I’m finding it to be, extremely difficult. Because of my frustration and the fact that I have been feeling so overwhelmed I have not been picking up the Uke and practicing as much as I should be, every time I have to think about it, motivate myself and then force myself to sit down and practice for 20-30 painstaking minutes.

I hope that it begins to click so that I can start to enjoy learning the Ukulele, and so that I can accomplish part of my growth plan.

Photo by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash